Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More Than Meets the Eye

I'm making what I consider to be a pretty decent attempt at having more meaningful content in my pictures. That is to say, emphasizing more than just shape and composition, which is what I'm mostly interested in. This has pretty much involved shooting more people, something I'm pretty afraid to do. It's harder to shoot a picture when I'm worried about asking permission. Anyhow, here's some of the results that I think are pretty successful.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erin said...

Revealing subject's dignity and letting them master the space of your picture I think are two of the most powerful things that can occur in a well-executed portrait.

You know I love #1, and I think this picture in particular really achieves that.

Anonymous said...

I really like #3. Even though it looks obvious to me that it's posed (is it?) I like the composition.