Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bottom of the Barrel

I oughta make more posts about my work. There's some funny stuff that goes on here. Problem is they're mostly in-jokes. This one, however, I think is shocking and funny enough to be universal.

It won't make it funnier, but I'll just mention that this child care provider is under investigation for fraud and is generally an ass.

La Wanda, one of the more notorious people that I have to deal with on a regular basis, was in the local newspaper defending her son who's been arrested for attempted murder and gangbanging. He was arrested in a courthouse when he went in to pay a traffic citation.

It's the quotes that get me. Note the plug for her child care business.
"'My son is a 3.5 GPA college student and a football player at Glendale Community College,' said his mother, who is the owner of Sanford & Kids Day Care on North Raymond Avenue. 'How does being a gang member go together with that?'"

The article also makes a point of mentioning the "gang-based hostilities" that took place during the hearing.

Something about this job gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I think that feeling is cynicism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your job is as awesome as mine, I see!